Job Posting: Senior Accountant REABIA Timor-Leste
Department : Project Program Position Title : Senior Accountant Location of work : Dili Contract Period : 1 year with extension possibility
To apply to this position, please email or submit your application letter and Curriculum Vitae with three references to Josefa.firstname.lastname@example.org by email OR to HR Unit, RAEBIA Timor-Leste, Audian, Dili, before or by date deadline on 21 of January 2020
DETAILS: READ CAREFULLY Accountant Under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Director, the Accountant will provide the effective support in completing the financial and accounting process for a RAEBIA project in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and practices and meeting all RAEBIA and Donor policies and requirements. The Senior Accountant will review the project expenditure and adjustment, assist to address Audit recommendations. This position is based in Dili, with frequent travel required to other field offices.
· Documents financial transactions by entering account information
· Prepare or review vouchers for posting
· Process all expense reports in preparation for posting
· Summarizes current project financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other reports.
· Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
· Reconcile all entities on a monthly basis with donors and all accounts etc.
· Maintain internal control systems, review documents for compliance and accuracy and completeness.
· Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
· Maintenance of filing for: financial correspondence, posted vouchers, finance statements, reconciliations, etc.
· Maintain/Update project budgets as voted.
· Perform other duties as requested (eg. Assist with the preparation of budgets)
· Assist Finance Director in preparation for the end of project reports acquittal
· Prepare the monthly Expenditure reports and distribute to management.
· Produce monthly financial statements and other financial reports and distribute as necessary.
· Ensure monthly statements are prepared and sent to entities with accounts payable/receivables with other entities.
· Facilitate monthly financial data back-up.
· Create and submit government reports and tax returns related to projects.
· Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required
Petty Cash Management
· Review petty cash vouchers before replenishment on project
· Ensure petty cash flow is up to date on project
· Verify petty cash with random cash counts
· Prepare bank related accounting vouchers.
· Initiate/prepare all wire transfers with supporting documents
· Contact bank support persons for all banking related issues
· Review bank reconciliation
· Maintain a neat and secure filing system
· Maintain a good record of inventories
Education, Experience, and Competency:
· Degree in Finance, Administration or Accounting
· Minimum of 2 years of finance experience
· Knowledge on Administration and Accounting principles, Financial reporting, Banking and Taxation
- Demonstrated experience in donor/government relations and coordination
- Attention to detail and deadline oriented
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated proficiency with accounting software/IT
· Experience working with NGO(s)
· To apply to this position, please email or submit your application letter and Curriculum Vitae with three references to Josefa.email@example.com by email OR to HR Unit, RAEBIA Timor-Leste, Audian, Dili, before or by date deadline on 21 of January 2020. Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview.
RAEBIA is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workplace. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Please Contact Office Number 3325048 for some Information needed.